Indo-American College Library was established in the year 1998. The Library strives to offer better service by acquiring, organizing, and providing access to information resources specializing in the fields of science, social science, commerce and management and employs required technologies to support learning, teaching and research. The College Library has a collection of 9000 books, 25 Journals and 15 magazines, 10 dailies and 35,000 e-books, and e-resources accessible through LAN. The Library service is automated by AutoLib Library Management Software. The resources of the library can be viewed through Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC). Ten Computer Systems have been installed with broadband internet connection for the use of students and staff.
Rules and Regulations
- The Library is open to all members of the college.
- The Library shall remain open from 8.30 AM to 4.30 PM on all working days.
- Library is a place of study, and Library members should maintain an atmosphere of dignity, peace and silence within the Library.
- Identity Card is mandatory to access the library and its services. All library users must scan their ID cards before entering the library.
- The Library follows Closed Access System. Use of mobile phones is strictly prohibited in the library.
- Own textbooks, printed materials and issued books are not allowed inside the library.
- Books are to be treated and handled with utmost care.
- The act of underlining, writing or scribbling in the books or removing any part of them will be fined heavily.
- Faculty may borrow up to 5 books for a period of 15 days, and renewal shall be done at the end of the tenure.
- Students can borrow 2 books for a period of 15 days, and are allowed 1 renewal.
- Readers will be held responsible for any damage or mutilation of the document noticed at the time of returning.
- No one is allowed to sub-lend the books.
- The students/staff should not misplace the books taken from its location.
- Eatables, beverages are not allowed inside the library.
- Transfer Certificate, Conduct Certificate or Hall Ticket shall be issued to the student until he/she returns the all the books borrowed from the college.
The Library has been facilitated with Online Library N-List Inflibnet and Staff and students can have individual access to plenty of resources through JSTOR and EBSCOhost. Members Login
National Digital Library of India
- NDLI Club Sign Up (Contact the Librarian for institutional pass key)
- Access NDLI Resources